Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Finding What You Love

In January 2013, I couldn't imagine having the life that I have now. With the exception of my family, I didn't love anything, except maybe for cigarettes. I still love (and hate) cigarettes, but that's another post. I didn't even love my family well because I was unhappy and blinded by my unhappiness and I loved selfishly. But then I finally worked up the courage to go to CrossFit.

CrossFit taught me how to be a human being with feelings. It taught me how to be a member of a community. It taught me how to love others. And then I got my dog Frank and I realized that as much as I love my fellow CrossFitters, I love dogs more than all humans. Especially rescue dogs. Especially rescue dachshunds.

My social media newsfeeds are literally all CrossFit, macro-counting inspiration, rescue dogs, and dachshund memes. Basically my whole dream in life is to live in a house large enough to hold an epic home gym and 17 rescue dogs. If you need me, I will be practicing muscle ups (hey, it's my dream life) on my rig in the backyard with all of my dogs running around in the sunshine. Now I just need to figure out how to finance this dream.

An oldie but a goodie. How cute does he look in his little coat?

The Open is coming and the CrossFit Media team has been busy posting inspirational stories about everyday CrossFitters who push themselves every year in this worldwide competition. I love the Open so damn much. It is the most wonderful time of the year and celebrates the community. I'm so thankful that I found something that makes me this happy. I am so excited to have a semi-regular schedule again that allows me to renew my unlimited membership at CFID.

My hope for everyone is to find what you love because that's where we find happiness - by building it ourselves. Maybe CrossFit is not for you (I actually firmly believe CrossFit is for everyone, even if you're not ready to let it into your life just yet), but you get out there and find something that brings you joy, pushes you to be the best version of yourself, and allows you to find purpose. I now know that my purpose it to always Rx the cheer and be the best mom to Frank (and the other 16 dogs I am getting once I become the owner of the world's first dog rescue gym.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...