Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, March 11, 2016

CrossFit Open 16.2

I'm a one and done person when it comes to the Open. The only time I can remember redoing a workout was 14.3 because of that little mix-up with unofficial scores. The boyfriend and I flew down to Orlando last Friday for a wedding so I got up to the workout at the 6:30 AM class. I didn't make it through the first round.

Workout 16.2
Beginning on a 4-minute clock, complete as many reps as possible of:
  25 toes-to-bars
  50 double-unders
  15 squat cleans, 135 / 85 lb.

If completed before 4 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
  25 toes-to-bars
  50 double-unders
  13 squat cleans, 185 / 115 lb.

If completed before 8 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
  25 toes-to-bars
  50 double-unders
  11 squat cleans, 225 / 145 lb.

If completed before 12 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
  25 toes-to-bars
  50 double-unders
  9 squat cleans, 275 / 175 lb.

If completed before 16 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
  25 toes-to-bars
  50 double-unders
  7 squat cleans, 315 / 205 lb.

Stop at 20 minutes.

I knew I could've cycled through the 15 squat cleans at 85#. That isn't that heavy for me, but I was no repped once and missed my last rep right as the clock hit 4 minutes. I had a flight to catch so I just went home. My coach Al even said I should redo the workout.

All weekend I thought about my score and I knew I wanted to do it again, but after the weekend in Orlando, I was tired, still hungover, and just kind of bleh. I showed up for the 6 PM WOD and waffled between doing Jackie with the class or redoing the WOD. I am glad that my coaches Brandon and Bre pushed me to do it again. Bre judged me and it was awesome to have her support.

Two year ago I got my first toes-to-bar during 14.4 and it took me until the time cap. This year I completed two rounds of 25 and was able to get 10 in a row. My doubleunders are actually very good (super proud of the practice I put into these) so my tie-break score is sweet. I did the first 5 squat cleans as singles but I realized I was wasting a lot of time picking up the bar. Bre said she didn't think I was going to make it through the first round until I knocked out 10 reps in a row unbroken. I really like barbell cycling so that's a plus. I came in under the 4 minute time cap, knocked out some TTB as singles, made it through the doubleunders unbroken, and then hit 2 squat cleans at 115# before the 8 minute cap. 

I am proud of myself and very glad I decided to redo. Bre put it really well - if you think you can redo and beat your score by a few reps, don't do it. If you can beat your score by many reps OR one more rep will get you into a whole new round (like mine did), you should definitely redo. Bre also told me that I inspired her by making it through those 10 cleans unbroken, and that made my week because 1. I love Bre 2. She's a really good friend 3. It's pretty fucking awesome to be able to inspire a Regional athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...