Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Weight Loss Wednesday 3.2.16 and CrossFit Open 16.1

Yes, I know it is Thursday but yesterday kind of got away from me. I took a half day to get my hair colored and it takes forever, but it's worth it for the color I now have. I took these photos on Tuesday morning and weighed in at 144.6 lbs.

March 2016

March 2015

November 2012
My biggest takeaway is that those are the most unflattering shorts ever. I took this photo on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 mere minutes after the first set of photos. These Beyond Yoga crops are much more flattering. Moral of the story - wear clothes that make your body look it's best.



After much fretting, I completed Open workout 16.1 on Sunday. I came back from Austin feeling fat, tired, and a little pissed off (4 days of conference sessions?!) and I woke up early on Saturday to go do it. I got to the gym and I struggled to warm up with an empty bar. I knew I wasn't going to get the 65# overhead lunges let alone my first chest to bar pull-up, so I chose to judge the last heat instead.

Workout 16.1
20-min. AMRAP:
25-ft. overhead lunge
8 burpees
25-ft. overhead lunge
8 chest-to-bar pull-ups

M 95 lb.    W 65 lb.

But that meant I had to come back Sunday. Thankfully my friend Florie was willing to judge me and my friend Sue was willing to cheer me on. I got my first chest to bar pull-ups warming up for the workout!


I fought for 11 chest to bar pull-ups and I ripped the shit out of my hands doing them.


I am very proud of this score.


And here are my dogs looking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...