Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Extra Special Workout

NOTHING prevents me from attending Yves Maco's master classes, especially not a throat issue that sent me to the Emergency Room. I set my alarm for 6:30am to book Craig's Sunday morning spin class, woke up, groped around my bed for my iPhone and booked bike #23 (my favorite) using the MYEQ app. Then I spent the next hour and twenty-five minutes pretending to sleep while I really planned my future kickboxing-themed wedding (I watched Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings with my TLC obsessed mother and sister last night. What can I say?)

Today's extra special workout was 70 minutes of kickboxing followed by 70 minutes of Dance Fusion. This was the same combo found at Sweat the Turkey Out! but today was called Jump Start Your 2011 with Yves Maco! It's the best thing I've done in 2011 so far and if you remember, I've spent the past six days high on painkillers eating dessert and watching tv in bed. My 2011 has been awesome.

Yves arranged for a videographer to come to today's classes to add some footage to Yves' new website www.yvesmaco.com. I felt like I was under a lot of pressure to perform with a camera in the room. To be honest, I needed this kick in the ass. I didn't realize how much I slack off when I'm not afraid of being caught.

This is how my family found me after Yves' classes. In my defense, the marble is nice and cool after a long workout. Funny how the first word in workout is work. Workouts should be hard.

I'd also like you to take a moment and notice my incredible color-coordination. My lululemon outfit was an easy combination but the shoes even match the drawstring on the shorts and my socks match my shoes. Although you can't see them in this shot, my barrettes and hair tie matched too.

Yves extra special classes are held at Fusion Fitness located at 45 Cutter Mill Road in Great Neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...