Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Going to Be a Long Road Back

I got out of bed today. That's a plus.

I set my alarm for 6:15 this morning and finished this Nelson DeMille book I've been reading so I wouldn't have any excuses about going to the gym or doing work later. I finally got out of bed around 7:45 and went to scrounge around for workout clothes. I don't fit into any of my cute outfits and settled on a pair of black pants and a TFA t-shirt. I did not color coordinate. I am sad.

I ran 7 miles on the treadmill in the subterranean workout area at the Roslyn Equinox. I'm embarrassed for my fellow fitness enthusiasts to see me, which is why I exiled myself to this depressing little space. I'm not sure why I'm willing to advertise my overweight, sluggish status on the Internet but I am unable to attend a group fitness class, but I guess it might have something to do with the visuals.

Running on the treadmill sucks. It's boring and every mile seems to take forever. My feet also hurt a lot more quickly when I run on the treadmill than when I run outside on the pavement. I forced myself to wear my heart rate monitor (I had to expand the strap!) and at least I burned 830 calories for my effort.

I strictly measured out my breakfast using my food scale, because I need to structure my eating. Actually, I need to structure my entire life at this point. Now I'm trying to mentally wrap my mind around the fact that today is Sunday. Eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...