Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Can We Get a Quiet Car on the Express Train?

So I'm on the 5 train on my way up to my training session. Forgive me, but after a day trying to maintain order in the lawless world of 4th grade, all I wanted to do was read my Nelson DeMille book in peace. I'm developing intense upper body strength dragging that hardcover across boroughs and I'd like to find out what stunt John Corey is going to pull next. This is obviously too much to ask because this beastly high school senior is loudly and rapidly retelling her slutty escapades of the past week to her not-so-straight male companion. (He couldn't find a girl he liked while in South Africa... Right...)

As annoyed as I am right now, I am glad that I can channel this energy into my workout. When I hated my old boss with every fiber of my being, I was able to pummel through two hours of intense cardio and resistance training. I imagined his smug face making contact with my foot. Then I went for a series of right hooks. Made it easier to sleep at night.

Take whatever (and whoever) drives you crazy and use it to power your workouts. You're going to feel better once you start releasing the stress from your life, and you will see results. Of course, you better find new ways to get pissed off if you want to continue to push yourself. For some reason, I don't think I'll have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...