Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, April 4, 2011

One-on-One

I had a session with my new trainer today. I told Morgan that I ran a 10 mile race yesterday and to be nice to my knees. He had me running stairs... that jerk. I love it.

I bought six sessions to start, and we'll see how it goes from there. I definitely got my money's worth because I was completely kicked after an hour. We spent the first ten minutes running pyramids on the stairs, with an exercise in between each run. After one flight, I did squats. Then I ran two flights and did shoulder presses. Five flights of stairs (1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1) and nine exercises later, I was covered in sweat and tasting lunch. That was the warm-up.

My new nemesis is the assisted pull-up machine. What the f*ck? I can do six assisted pull-ups before Morgan has to step in and pull me up by the footrest. I'm a little ashamed of this, and clearly it's going to eat away at me until I master it.

We did something awful with a sled that I couldn't even do. I was on my knees crying for mercy. Not even hollering helped. I don't think the cardio crowd appreciated my sound effects. Let's hope we don't play with that again.

It turns out I'm kind of badass at deadlifts. I definitely need to work on my form, but I picked up the basics pretty quickly. I've only done them with a body bar before.

I think my training sessions will get me excited about working out again. I miss having something I look forward to doing at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...