Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Flying Monkeys and Magic Wands

Last night I was lying in bed, ignoring my text messages, and basically wallowing in what my life isn't. I was being a lazy grump. I didn't set an alarm, and figured I'd sleep in and pad around in my pajamas all morning.

This morning I woke up in time to catch Tripp Doherty's 9:45 class at Woodbury. The class is magical, and we could all use a little more magic in our lives. Who doesn't want to attend a spin class that involves flying monkeys, a magic wand, and disco? I was running late this morning (I woke up at 9:05) and didn't get my morning coffee, Ritalin, or breakfast, but I still managed to find the energy to power through one of the best rides I've ever had. Tripp's inspirational commentary pushes us all to go past what we expect of ourselves. He has a dedicated group of followers for a reason. I only wish I got to ride with him more often.

Without my morning meds, I can't focus long enough to claw my way out of a plastic bag. The usually euphoric ride was even better because I could lose myself in the sweat and music. At the end of the class I could barely remember what had soaked my clothes and made my heart race. If I could stay on course, I'd definitely blow off the Ritalin for my long races.

Tripp tells us that his religion, what he believes in, is found inside the cycling room. All of us working together as one, showing what we can really do is a demonstration of faith. While I consider myself a Christian, I have to admit that the closest I've felt to Jesus in a long time is sweating in a spin room surrounded by a lot of Jews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...