Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Barefoot Fitness

Last night I had a training session with my trainer Morgan. Morgan recently got his first pair of Vibrams, although I think they irritate his (mildly) webbed feet. I told him I was going to tell everyone I could about his foot condition, and what better way to do this than post it on the Internet? I've been hesitant to wear my Vibrams since I got my new tattoos, but they really do give you superior grip and stability while lifting. I showed up to the gym in a pair of Nike Lunar Glides, which Morgan promptly made me take of. I worked out in my socks.

I think Morgan has it in for me because we did squats, dead lifts, shoulder presses, and pull-ups (double-assisted, it's okay). It's difficult to remember to keep the shelf on your shoulder blades, draw your shoulders back, keep your abs tight, push your knees out, and keep your weight in your heels. Sometimes I miss the body bar...

I have another training session tonight and I packed my Vibrams. They were easier to fit in my bag than my sneakers. I just hope they don't mess with my tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...