Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Run Through Gun-Wavin' New Haven

So I was in New Haven last weekend for a little visit. After an intense week of teaching all day and working most of the night, I was exhausted by the time I arrived Friday evening. Saturday morning I tried to hide under the covers, feign deafness, and outright refuse, but I was somehow coerced (forced?) into going for a run. This was a Vibrams-only run, so the boy and I looked like one of those obnoxious yuppie couples running around the ghetto. At least I was wearing a cut-off t-shirt... We lasted a mile and a half before shin injuries and a raging headache sent us home. I also put a hole in the right toe of my Classic Vibrams! I've been eying the KSOs, so this may be a sign. Despite our weak performance, a nice morning running cures most ailments, and I felt substantially better by the time I showered up for brunch.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I finally got around to reading some of your blog. I am surprised you made it up for a run on Saturday after your week and then your evening with your boyfriend. Don't worry buddy we met on the train to New Haven, that's all.
    John On The Train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John! Hope all is well and you've been enjoying Mohegan Sun. We did go for a run, but 1.5 miles isn't much of an accomplishment. It took me longer to get dressed than it did to run that far!

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...