Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Maybe They All Escaped From Ward Island?

I simply couldn't get out of bed this morning to go run with T. I had a headache and I wanted to sleep. Not going at 6am meant that I would be running in the heat later on, but it was a sacrifice I had to make. I couldn't bring myself to run Central Park alone this morning. It takes so much effort to get there, that unless I have company, I have little motivation to get there. I'm in love with the East River Esplanade and I just can't help myself. Today I ran up to the top, turned around, and then doubled back somewhere in the middle. I didn't actually go all the way back up to 120th because the crazies were out in full force today. I love to run, but not enough to be attacked. Where are all the pleasant homeless people when you need them to fight the schizophrenic fishermen? Apparently they're sleeping.

At one point, this elderly man ran by me and he holds up his index finger. I read way too much into things, and spent the rest of my run trying to figure out his ominous message. Did he mean I should only run with one earbud in? I took it out for a while, but I'm generally pretty good about removing it when I run past strangers so I put it back in. Did he mean I should run only one loop? I was carrying one water bottle - maybe that had something to do with it. I even entertained the idea that I was about to be raptured and he was signaling towards the heavens. I ended up more freaked out than after a Criminal Minds marathon, and kept looking around for dangerous and suspicious characters. I found a few.

I ran 6.3 miles in 54:55. I'm getting better at slowing down my pace, but this was too fast for a slow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...