Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Coconut Water

You've probably seen coconut water in your local grocery or specialty food store. This refreshing beverage is the liquid found inside of young coconuts. It is packed with electrolytes and contains more potassium than a banana. I can't think of a better drink to rehydrate you post-workout. Stay away from sugar-laden sports drinks. At just 60-80 calories per serving, you are much better off with coconut water. The most common brands are Vita Coco, Zico, and O.N.E, which stands for One Natural Experience. My favorites are Vita Coco and O.N.E because of their clean taste. Zico makes me nauseous to be quite honest.

Today my coworker and I went on a field trip to the Museum of American Finance, the Federal Building, and the Trinity Church Mausoleum. We ate a tasty (if not healthy) lunch at Dim Sum Go Go in Chinatown. On the way back to the subway we passed a fresh, young coconut stand. Real fresh, young coconuts (it's actually a brand) and a man has to use a machete to hack it open for you. As much as I like Vita Coco, this was better. The water was clear and crisp like Vita Coco, but had a much stronger nutty aftertaste. I sucked it down quickly, and my only regret was not buying another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...