Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Everybody's Working for the Weekend, and NYC Fitness Blogger Playdate

I quickly realized that I would be working this weekend, and that was not cool. This was supposed to be my quiet weekend filled with downtime, but somehow I ended up with a bajillion hours to work and I'm not even getting overtime. To make this scheduling snafu suck less, I decided to make other people work with me. Luckily for me, my company, and copyright infringement laws, the 34 year-old volunteered to take pictures for my acceptance packet. (Bret Easton Ellis refers to his boyfriend as the 25 year-old. I think I should be able to refer to the person I sleep with as the 34 year-old.)

The 34 year-old and I actually had a pretty fun Saturday traveling around the city taking pictures of neighborhoods and landmarks. We stopped by his office to get the camera and then headed over to Union Square. On the way we passed a street fair.

Street fair! Who doesn't love meat on a stick?
I wrote about Union Square and its Greenmarket in my packet. We got a bunch of quality photos, but I like this one particularly - something about the lighting. Some idiots were trying to occupy Union Square. I ignored this nonsense and bought some apples to eat this week.

Union Square Greenmarket
The 34 year-old and I headed back uptown to Lincoln Center. He couldn't get the shot he wanted and my feet were cold. We decided to grab dinner at PJ Clarke's to remedy this situation. We had cheeseburgers, French fries, and creamed spinach. By this time the sun had set and the 34 year-old was able to take this awesome shot.

Lincoln Center at night.
We headed back to our neighborhood for some well-deserved downtime and some warmer clothing. Then we ventured up to Harlem to get a photo of the Apollo Theater lit up.

the Apollo Theater
Sunday morning I blew off my long run (again), but I did manage to get down to Union Square in time for the NYC Fitness Blogger Playdate at Yoga Vida on University Place and 12th Street. I met these awesome fellow fitness bloggers for yoga and then an awesome brunch at The Barrel NYC. I suck and didn't take any photos so I will direct you to Keelie's post.

I ended up at the office after brunch, but did fit in some quality time with the 34 year-old before bedtime. This week is going to be the LONGEST WEEK EVER.

*All of the photographs in this post are property of the 34 year-old. I sleep with him so I get to use them. Please do not reuse without written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...