Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fear and Fury

I know I am in a very bad mood when I'm not interested in sex or dinner. Last night I cancelled plans for a night of Criminal Minds and Chinese food with this guy I've been seeing because I just couldn't be civil enough to bother.

I woke up in a crappy mood. I had set my alarm for 5:55 AM and had a bike booked for 6:30 AM spin over at Equinox. When I couldn't find my contacts, I announced, "F*ck it," and then wasted the next nine minutes trying to cancel the damn bike. I finally just called the front desk.

I stayed in bed until 7:45 AM and somehow still made it to work a little early. I spent the entire day feeling like I wasn't doing a good job at work and being annoyed with myself.

My training plan said to run 7 easy miles. I didn't leave until around 8 and I was scared to run in the park alone and at night. I went anyway. I did my fastest Central Park loop fueled by anger and fear. Nike+ GPS has me at 8.14 miles including stopping at lights for the mile run from my apartment to the park.

I wasn't that nervous to be out except going up that bitch of a hill at 110th Street. The lamppost is out and I imagined all sorts of people lurking in the shadows.

I really dislike night runners who wear all black or navy. 1. They look like they're hiding from something and 2. It's dangerous when cars and cyclists can't see you.

That's why I went with this glorious neon ensemble. I wore my Day-Glo yellow C9 shorts and a new Patagonia capilene. This midweight synthetic baselayer was perfect for last night's chilly weather. I did have to scrunch up the sleeves a bit after the first 2 miles.


I have a sick pair of sneakers that match my Patagonia but I couldn't photograph them because they are shoes I weartested for Brooks.

I was ready to go to bed after my mad sprint around the park but unfortunately I wasn't feeling any nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...