Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Personal Professional Alignment

So last week I had to attend a webinar (a conference call combined with an Internet component that allows you to see a presentation on the host's screen - this one included webcams...) about personal professional alignment. We don't do work/life balance at my company because apparently those two things don't always have to be even. Personal professional alignment, however, allows you to set goals that best reflect where you are in life.

Today my personal professional alignment goals told me to peace out at 4 PM and go to Equinox.

I worked a lot this weekend and I needed some down time. I went to the 85th and 3rd location for a little Zumba and a half-hour abdominals class. It was just what I needed because I feel like a new person. I still suck horribly at Zumba, but it was a good and fun workout. 

Ashley of Freckles & Spice, whom I met at yesterday's NYC Blogger Playdate, was telling us about the sports bra challenge she did at Soul Cycle. I kind of remember this happening, but there was this event last year that challenged women to workout only in a sports bra and bottoms of their choice to celebrate body acceptance. Now I used to workout in only a sports bra all the time, but I was fucking hot. Since I gained a lot of weight back I have shyd away from displaying my not-so-rock-solid abs and have been wearing a shirt and pretty baggy shorts. Today I went with a pair of spandex and my oh-so-little Yves Maco tank top. 1. I need to accept myself, even if I am heavier than I want to be. Life's too short to be ashamed and 2. Maybe if I wore skimpier things I would be more inclined to put down the Skinny Pop.

Still on my "do something nice for yourself" kick, I decided to make myself dinner. I'm not sure why I thought this was doing something nice because I suck at cooking.

I made chicken with mushrooms and peas over gluten-free pasta.
I own actual dishes but the bowls are too small for my aggressive portions dinner.
I had to make the chicken in two batches because my saucepan is so small.
The second batch is for tomorrow's lunch.
I have to clean my apartment. I am beginning to look like a goddamn hoarder.
See my tiny bowl too? I need to go to Bed Bath and Beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...