Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Moderation is a 4-Letter Word

"It's party time, but make sure that you take good care of your health. Moderation is a good rule. Physical exercise works wonders to clear the mind and refresh your vitality." - am New York Leo horoscope

Not even frozen yogurt could fix this.
After running the 28th Annual Oyster Festival Town Supervisor's 5K on Saturday, I seriously overindulged at the Masonic Lodge's Biergarten. I spent all of Sunday dying in my bed. I actually woke up at 6 AM to do my long run, but promptly fell back onto my bed after realizing that I was suffering from a serious case of the spins. I managed to drag my ass to the nail salon at 2 PM. I thought a little Red Mango would fix me up, but not even frozen yogurt and Fruity Pebbles could fix this stage 5 hangover.

Back in Manhattan, I had a Slurpee before bedtime and lo and behold, I was cured. Never underestimate the power of the Slurpee.

I don't do moderation, but I am a firm believer in exercise and its ability to clear the weekend's bad decisions. T and I did hill repeats in the park this morning, and I felt better at work today than I would have expected after spending a good portion of Sunday throwing up bile. Eventually I will come to terms with the fact that I cannot party like the good old days. I blame the brief stint of healthy living. Once your body knows a life without excessive alcohol consumption, it refuses to take the regular abuse it quietly suffered for so long. Take away message: Don't stop drinking.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting second in the 5k. You know your hangover is killer when froyo won't even cure it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sylvia! I love that race because it's in my hometown and I'm familiar with the course. Regarding the hangover, the older I get, the worse they are. Slurpees ALWAYS cure them. I think it's the brain freeze.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...