Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Being a Big Girl

So this morning I woke up in a t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off and I have to say, I looked fucking awesome. Then I found a video of me ugly crying on my phone. If I sent that to you, I am so so sorry.


I woke up this morning feeling awesome because I went home alone last night at a reasonable hour like a big girl. And by reasonable hour, I believe it was 3 AM but at least I didn't shut down the bar. Anyway...


Yesterday I went to Strongman Saturday at CrossFit Central LI and very quickly realized I had overtrained the day before. I did learn how to properly pick up a stone so it wasn't a total loss but when I failed to clean 75 lbs it became apparent that I had no business attempting the WOD. I spent the rest of the hour on a foam roller and I didn't even feel guilty about it nor did I try to skip any meals because I missed a workout. I was spent and I knew I was spent so the new mature Zen me took an epic nap on the couch for most of the day.

might have still been drunk
I was spent because I kicked my ass on Friday. I hadn't planned on going to CrossFit but then Kate invited me to be her date for back squat day. When one of your new besties wants you to spot her, you go. Last week was Wendler wave 1 and I got 1x7 at 115 lbs. I chose Cindy for my WOD and because I recently learned how to do pull-ups, I decided I was forgoing the band. I made it through 4 rounds without a problem. And then I could do only do 4 pull-ups. I rested. I rechalked. I tried over and over and over again to no avail so I finally got a band. I had 8 rounds total when I wanted 20 so I need to get better at those pull-ups.


This morning I went for a 5 mile run along the East River Esplanade. It was cold but it did clear my head. Then I called my mom and told her what a grownup I've been. After she determined that I was neither high nor drunk, she thanked me for sharing that with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...