Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Deadlifts and That Time I Could Have Died

Remember that time I fell off the rig with my foot trapped in a band on my fiftieth pull-up and all of the 8:10 and 9 PM classes let out a collective gasp? Yup. That happened. I landed on my well-padded rump and was perfectly fine, but I think I scared a few people when it happened.

sometimes you have to work with what you've got


Monday is deadlift day, which is my favorite day of the week. I went to the 8:10 PM class and got to see my friend Amanda who I met when I first started CrossFit. She and I have both gotten quite strong since the last time we saw each other and used 135 lbs for our last sets. We decided to partner up for the 20 minutes of a glorious metcon that alternated 30 seconds of burpees with 30 seconds of rowing. Now call me a sadist, but I love burpees and I love rowing. If we had had burpee box jumps, I would have been in pure heaven. I'm not sure my classmates shared my enthusiasm but we had some really great energy going on and people were cheering for each other. I have decided to actively campaign for the Spirit Award in case we ever decide to have superlatives. People just perform better when they know others are rooting for them and I get excited watching others kick ass (but if the time comes, please vote for me.)

and then I got home and found this. apparently we were not robbed.

2 comments:

  1. Can you please not cut your calluses with a scissor! this is extremely unsanitary and weird.
    We make callus shavers and smoothing stones for this purpose.
    Meet me at Yves over break and I will give you a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been using a razor blade. you're going to kill me.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...