Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CrossFit with Friends


This morning I woke up and realized I was going to be late for the 9 AM WOD I had sort of entertained going to in my head. And then I checked Facebook. I got back in bed for another 45 minutes, took a leisurely shower, chugged an Alka-Seltzer, and didn't bring my gym bag because classes were cancelled today.


But then they weren't.

I should have known Anthony would be able to fix these problems before lunch. Many of us had volunteered to come in to use the nail gun help and we had a solid message chain going. I proposed that we attend the 4 PM WOD instead. I spent the rest of the afternoon super excited to see Rachel and Marina. (We missed you Kate!)

I ambushed Rachel during her 500 kettlebell swings.
Yeah, this boss swings a kettlebell FIVE HUNDRED TIMES AFTER the WOD.
WOD
BARBELL GYMNASTICS
2 POSITION SNATCH (EMOM FOR 7 ROUNDS)
Snatch from floor + Snatch from Hi Hang Vertical 1+1 at 70 percent of your 1RM

CONDITIONING
FLIGHT SIMULATOR (TIME)
5 unbroken double unders
10 unbroken double unders
15 unbroken double unders
20 unbroken double unders
25 unbroken double unders
30 unbroken double unders
35 unbroken double unders
40 unbroken double unders
45 unbroken double unders
50 unbroken double unders
45 unbroken double unders
40 unbroken double unders
35 unbroken double unders
30 unbroken double unders
25 unbroken double unders
20 unbroken double unders
15 unbroken double unders
10 unbroken double unders
5 unbroken double unders
EVERYONE yes, even if you don’t have them…..EVERYONE does double unders. Don’t got them, no worries, 30 minute time cap to get a LOT of practice in with them.

I enjoyed the snatch work. We spent a lot of time going over our form and I like that technical stuff. I made a point of using a hook grip but then I missed a snatch and tried to drop the bar but my thumb was in its hook and I almost ripped the nail off. I don't think my thumbs are long enough for a solid hook grip.


I asked my new favorite friend Cleo to join us for the 4 PM WOD but he said he couldn't make it. Then he surprised me and dropped in and I was so excited. The best part of the WOD was making sweat angels upstairs with him afterwards. It's pretty much why I come to CrossFit in the first place.

I used the conditioning time to practice my doubleunders. Since I left my gym bag at home, I was without my jump rope, my Nanos, and my knee socks. Luckily I had a pair of old running shoes and some workout clothes in my desk. I took the shoes off for the doubleunders but I was seriously struggling with the beaded jump ropes. They are so freaking heavy and they hurt when you hit yourself. I'll take a cable whip any day over the beaded rope to the foot.

source
Luckily Greg from the 4:45 PM class offered me his rope and then we were in doubleunder heaven. I got 11 unbroken doubleunders. Boo fucking ya. Then I was tired and failed to do another doubleunder for the duration of class.

I really love feeling a part of the CFHK community. Today really has been my favorite day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...