Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Kayaking on the Long Island Sound

Today I was invited to go kayaking with a friend from college. I love kayaking! When I was at the Island School in high school, we went on 3-day and 10-day kayaking trips during the semester. Those are still some of my most fondest memories. I also went kayaking in Canada when I was at whale camp as a child. (I was a strange, marine mammal loving child.)

I drove up to New Rochelle to see Lis, and we headed over to the beach club where her kayaks are stored. We had a nice paddle along the coast up to Larchmont and back. The weather was absolutely beautiful today, and it was so nice to be out on the water. We were paddling against the wind on the way out, but the way back felt more difficult because of the waves. I'm hoping my arms feel sore tomorrow because I remember kayaking being a great arm workout.

I love outdoor exercise, especially the kind you can do with friends. If anyone would like to buy me a kayak, I would love them forever. Hint hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...