Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Race Shirts: Good Luck Charm or Bad Omen?

Most races distribute t-shirts to the participants before the race happens. You typically pick up your shirt when you pick up your bib number. Sometimes I pick up my race packet in advance, but if I'm driving, I'll just arrive a little early, pick up the swag and store it in the trunk.

Some runners wear their race shirt for the actual race. I would never. I think that wearing a shirt for a race I haven't completed is tempting fate and will result in a DNF next to my name. The dreaded Did Not Finish will never be next to my name unless I am forced off the course by medical personnel, or I'm dead. If I'm dead, please just drag my body across the finish line.

I've formed a nice little collection of race shirts. The Greater Long Island Running Club (GLIRC) gave out sick technical t-shirts for the 25K and 50K I did. Of course one is orange and the other is Grey Poupon yellow, essentially unwearable colors. Hands down, my favorite shirt is the large cobalt blue sweatshirt I got for running the Oyster Festival Town Supervisor's 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...