Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Vibrams at Kickboxing

In an attempt to keep my posts about kickboxing fresh for you, I decided to wear my Vibrams to class last night. This is actually the second time I have worn them to kickboxing, but the last time was several months ago. As you know, my tight hamstrings have been messing with my knees. I have been nervous all week about hurting myself before tomorrow's 50K, and have even worn sneakers to work. (This is entirely acceptable at my place of employment. I just think I look like a tool wearing sneakers with a skirt.) Last week my knee was killing me after Coco's kickboxing class. I wore my favorite pair of Nike crosstrainers instead of my Frees, but still no dice. Maybe the extra cushioning was the problem? Was I willing to risk a knee problem to get my kickboxing fix this week?

My knees felt awesome throughout the entire kickboxing class and into Zumba. This morning I woke up pain free. Maybe I should wear my Vibrams to the gym more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...