Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fresh Like Bounce Sheets

I really like the smell of Bounce dryer sheets, like willing to sniff strangers like it. I also really like when I'm excited to workout, and lately I've been feeling like everything I do is stale. I really miss kickboxing and spinning, but alas my gym membership is frozen.

I was pretty psyched when I woke up this morning raring for a run (this might have something to do with the Lipo 6 Black Hers pills I've started taking again), but I didn't want to do the same old run through town. My marathon training plan said to run 3 miles today so I decided to put on my Vibrams. I can't handle much further in them, but 3 felt reasonable. I also wanted to run with some music, but after nine hours in the car this weekend, I am absolutely sick of my iPod. Did you know that you can run Pandora and Nike+ GPS at the same time? Nike+ GPS will bitch about a low GPS signal at first, but I chose to ignore it and it worked perfectly fine. I chose a Dion station because I love doo-wop, especially for running. Really, you should try it.

I found this hill in town last week that looked like a really pain in the ass to run. Apparently my sister has known about Capitol Heights Road for five years but neglected to say anything about it. It was one of those extremely difficult, sucks so bad that I love it experiences. I must admit that I was scared that I was going to end up in the road during the descents. I really should get used to running downhill in my Vibrams. I am going to return to this bad boy later this week.

I ended up running 5.1 miles today because I was having such a good time. Don't let your workouts feel like work. They should be hard (sometimes painful) and take a lot of effort, but doing laundry shouldn't sound like a better idea... unless you like to huff dryer sheets.

Workouts shouldn't feel like work until you're passed out on your front doorstep.

2 comments:

  1. capitol heights, destroying OB track teams since god knows when

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove up Capitol Heights the other day and I was actually disgusted that I had run it. I don't think I would've lasted in cross country if that was part of my normal route.

    Are you an OB resident?

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...