Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Scenic Tour of Long Island via 25A

I've had kind of a crazy idea (this blog is called In Shape Out of Mind, what did you expect?), and the more I think about it, the more feasible I think it is. Route 25A is a highway that runs from Queens to Calverton. The entire thing is 72.91 miles. Now I live near 25A and run on it pretty often, but never for more than 5.25 miles in any direction. My grand plan is to run from my house and head east and see how far I can get.

Since 25A runs through many major towns, I don't need to drag a bunch of gear with me. If I need something, I can buy it. It would be nice to have some people along the way to cheer me on, so I'll give you a heads up if I'm running through your town. There's also no way in hell I am making the return loop, so I imagine I should call ahead and make sure I have a ride back.

If you are interested in participating in or supporting this crazy idea, let me know. I have a few 20 mile runs I need to do to train for my marathon. If things are going well, I'll just keep going.

2 comments:

  1. We'll support you through Huntington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think this could turn out to be very fun. Perhaps brunch in town afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...