Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Preparation for Saturday's Trail Race

I invited my friend T to come out to Long Island for some trail running before our big race on Saturday. The Huntington line leaves from Penn Station (not the most convenient for us Eastsiders) and delivers you in Syosset without any transfers (if you read the schedule correctly). I picked T up at 8:46 AM and we were off to the Greenbelt Trail head in Cold Spring Harbor.

We ran to Stillwell Lane and back, which is five miles total. We're running the Mahlon Mayhem 12.5 K on Saturday (7.78 miles), so this should help prepare us. My goal is to finish the race in 1 hour 20 minutes. I haven't seen the course, so this might be unrealistic, but right now I'm thinking it's an ambitious yet attainable goal.

When you invite someone to Long Island in the summer you have to bring them to the beach. T and I completed our day with some quality PTH (peak tanning hours) at TOBAY followed by dinner at Point Lookout Clam Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...