Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Frozen Golf Balls


I read about this tip in Runner's World and tested it out today. Put two golf balls in the freezer and leave them overnight or all day. Take them out and roll a ball under each foot. I stood on one foot and rolled the other foot over a frozen golf ball and then switched for a while, but I found that sitting down and rolling both feet simultaneously gave me the right amount of pressure. My arches have been bothering me lately and this was a great way to give myself a foot massage without having to touch my own feet, and the coldness helped with some of the discomfort I've been feeling. I actually tried this out this morning before I put the golf balls in the freezer, and it didn't feel nearly as good.

2 comments:

  1. "without having to touch my own feet." YES. I hate touching my own feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing grosser than rubbing your own feet except rubbing lotion on your own feet. I'll clip my own toenails from time to time and deal with blisters, but anything else makes me think of foot fetishes and other strange interests.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...