Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Why Is He Located So Far Away When I'm Dislocated?

I dislocated my wrist. On Sunday I hit up Dylan Murphy's to pick up my credit card from the night before, had a few drinks, and then someone (who shall remain nameless) grabbed my feet causing me to topple to the ground. I iced my arm right away but it ended up looking like this (see below) by dinner.

I wasn't going to go to the hospital until my bff Oliver scared me into going. Obviously he lives in California so he couldn't accompany me. Thankfully my first roommate Hoebag lives in NYC and met me at Lenox Hill for a super fun evening of medical care. She even helped the doctor make my splint.
Since I don't have to go to work during the day, and I can't do anything active like workout or run, I have been super bored and depressed.
I'm prescribed a bunch of painkillers. Percocets plus no exercise has really affected my sleep pattern. I know I say I don't cuddle, snuggle, or spoon but that's changed over the years. I'm willing to make exceptions for when I like a person. Of course I like someone when I can't sleep and he's away from New York for the next bajillion months. I'll admit it: percs make me affectionate and I want to be affectionate with someone who's waaaayyyy out of the UES zip codes. 

Good thing I discovered MTV's new show Awkward. I'll take teenage angst and DTR (Determine The Relationship) conversations as a consolation prize. LOVE this show.

3 comments:

  1. i love sadie- "yer welcome." feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sadie and Tricia's purity dances. I was absolutely dying with her no-no square. I busted out of splint so I'm back at hip hop dance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: It might not have been the best idea to remove the splint early. Sometimes I get a tingly sensation in my right ring and pinky fingers. Oops.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...