Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Run in Piedmont Park

I finally went for a run here in Atlanta. Today's weather is a bit bleak but the cool overcast weather is perfect for running.

We're staying at the Regency Suites right next to our office in Midtown Atlanta. I asked the friendly folks at the front desk to recommend a running route and they told me to run down 10th Street towards Piedmont and then I would see the park.

According to Wikipedia, "Piedmont Park is a 189-acre urban park in Atlanta, Georgia, located about 1 mile northeast of Downtown, between the Midtown and Virginia Highland neighborhoods."

According to me, Piedmont Park is lovely.

the entrance I found
I wasn't looking to do any amazing run. My 50 miler is Saturday so this was more a get moving because you are slowly becoming one with your hotel bed run.




I found a dog park and watched the puppies play. Then I found this trail path and decided to see where it led me. It led me back to the dog park.




I got a little lost and confused about where I had entered. I found an exit and then figured out I had exited on the opposite side of the park. It was easy to figure out where I needed to go to get back to my hotel so I wasn't concerned.


Including my photo shoots, shoe retying, music fiddling, and GPS mapping, I ran 3.70 miles in 37:54 minutes.

hotel mirror shot - wouldn't be a business trip without one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...