Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Funday: Oly Sunday

This morning I awoke to a gluten-induced hangover and I took my sweet ass time getting out of bed. I finally got myself dressed and out the door to CrossFit Central LI.

my CrossFit Pittsburgh tank has finally arrived!

Sundays is open gym at CrossFit Central LI and I was annoyed with myself for showing up so late because I wanted to get a legit workout in. I started off with a 1,000m row on the Concept2. Then I came up with this nice little workout.

Two rounds in:

I got through two rounds when Chad, one of the coaches at Central LI, starts writing Oly Sunday on the whiteboard. I am hanging from the pull-up bar cursing the blue band while this is happening and right then and there I decided that my workout programming had ended because I was going to Olympic Lifting class. SO FREAKING EXCITED doesn't even begin to explain how I felt when I realized that my unwillingness to get out of bed had actually been a gift that resulted in an hour of snatches and cleans.


I worked myself up to 35 lbs for the snatch complex. I admit that I was a little skittish going in after knocking myself straight in the forehead during a high hang snatch in Pittsburgh, but Chad and PJ were both there today and there coaching was extremely helpful. I ended up really liking the snatch balance because there's something very satisfying about dropping your body and finding your arms in the correct position. I don't think I'm explaining it that well but just try it and you might feel the same way.

I worked up to 75 lbs for the clean strength complex. Feeling pretty good about that.

The board originally had a part E) labeled YAY! This was what YAY! turned out to be.

I used 55 lbs for the clean and jerks, which was also the same weight I used for my mini-WOD earlier this morning. I was able to get 13 c+j in 2 minutes, followed by 9 burpees in 1 minute, and then 10 c+j in 1 minute. I made an error on my board below when I wrote the last set of 10 c+j in 2 minutes. Clearly I should have stepped it up when I only got 13.


I left in an amazing mood and have been thrilled all day. I was pretty tired when I got home so after inhaling bacon followed by prosciutto, I took a nice nap on the couch with the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...