Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, January 9, 2017

New Toys and the Great Blizzard of 2017

Atlanta prepared for an epic snowstorm last Friday. Luckily we all survived.


The gym was open on Saturday morning but all of the scheduled classes were cancelled because some roads were icy. Fortunately the roads I need to take to the box were not icy so I cleaned off Miranda, my Nissan Rogue, and headed on over. 

No, I don't find it odd that I named my car after Miranda Oldroyd.

I did some ankle mobility with Kayte and two of the Abs by Coach Alex workouts I missed. I was really just there to socialize.

Abs by Coach Alex 1.3.17
100 straight leg sit-ups for time
EMOM 5 v-ups. Start with 5 v-ups.

This vicious thing took me 5:16. I had three sit-ups left to do when minute 5 hit and those extra v-ups burned.

Abs by Coach Alex 1.6.17
4 RFT
50 turtles
0:30 side plank, each side
10 GHD sit-ups

This thing was surprisingly much harder than it looks. I subbed straight leg sit-ups because my back can't handle GHDs right now. It took me 9:41. I did the planks unbroken. Thanks Pure Barre!

We got new tires! This one is somewhere between 150# and 200#.





Although we didn't get very much snow, we had a snow day party anyway. Definitely the most fun I've had in a while! I love my CrossFit Identity family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...