Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, December 16, 2011

C9's Hooded Soft Shell Jacket

C9 by Champion for Target gave me some awesome gear when I attended their event at Flywheel on December 13th. This hooded soft shell jacket is one of them.

This is a picture of the hooded soft shell jacket from the Target.com website
I worked from home today (hello pajamas!) but needed to put on some real clothing to take Cookie for a walk over to New York Road Runners. Packet pick-up for Saturday races is a killer. It wasn't a problem when I was teaching, but now the 1 - 7 PM window is cramping my work style. I try to wear workout gear when I walk Cookie because she likes to run, but choosing the right hear to stay warm can be tough. One minute I'm sweating while running down the street and the next I'm shivering while she's introducing herself to a new dog. She has fur, but I have C9.
I like the hood.
I wasn't sure what to make of this jacket at first but now I really like it. It's made of a thick material that holds its shape, but it's not too big or boxy. The hood adequately covers my head and stays in place, which is important if you're going to be running, jogging, or chasing after a pit pull puppy in it. When the jacket is completely zippered, it is fastened securely under your neck to keep out the cold. I don't really like things that high up on my neck, but I'd appreciate it in really cold weather. The only things I would change about this jacket are the pockets. They are a convenient, rounded shape located at the midsection but without zippers or snaps, I wouldn't trust leaving valuables in them.
Does anyone know if there's a timer function
for the camera on the iPhone?
I wasn't sure if it was going to be able to keep me warm so I layered a long-sleeved and short-sleeved shirt underneath it. I wasn't chilly and would probably drop a layer if I were running or cycling in it.

Yeah. We let her in my bed.
At $33, this jacket is both attractive and affordable. I think it's more suitable for traveling to and from the gym, but others might enjoying running in it. Get yours here.

C9 by Champion for Target gave me this hooded soft shell jacket. They did not ask for anything in return. All the opinions in this post are mine. It's no secret I like C9 by Champion for Target apparel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...