Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Spin

Based on some confusion, my dad appeared at my apartment door last night ready to take me home to Long Island for dinner. Awesome, except for the fact that I already had plans... All it took were the words "chicken artichoke pasta" and I had my baby blankets and spin shoes thrown in an overnight bag faster than you can say, "Fat kid."

We stopped at the new Fairway Market in Douglaston and then enjoyed a tasty homemade dinner. I have goals to fit into my skinny jeans again so I made use of my spin shoes at Michelle Corso's studio cycling class at the Roslyn Equinox this morning. Roslyn was my original Equinox location back when I was a college student home for summer vacation. Many of the same staff are there and I get excited to see them when I return.

I like Michelle's classes but they aren't my favorite. This is the first spin class I have taken with her and I have to admit it was pretty good. The music was upbeat and the intervals were fast and dirty. I like painful bursts of speed opposed to an endurance ride. If I wanted to spend a prolonged amount of time doing something that only sort of hurts, I would run sixteen miles..

Michelle has a tendency to make these sounds that I imagine are supposed to be encouraging/motivating. They resemble the sounds I make once I'm really drunk and getting frisky. It was difficult for me to keep a straight face.

My mother took me to Target to get new jeans and bras because she felt sorry for me and was sick of seeing me wear exceptionally torn jeans. In my defense, those were the only pair I could fit in. While trying on my new Tar-jay jeans, I made my fellow shoppers crack up by loudly announcing that these jeans sure were skinny. It's true. What the hell is up with pants that discriminate against the muscular-legged? 

In case anyone was wondering, my bra size was downgraded. As my mother said, "How are you the only person who gains weight but gets smaller boobs?" Um yeah. I was thinking the same thing.

My parents and I went out to dinner at Molly's Shebeen on 3rd between 22nd and 23rd. The burgers are apparently AMAZING, but I went with the house shrimp with vegetables and rice. We started with calamari and a Caesar salad, which were both delicious. My mother loved the Christmas lights, but was disappointed by how the picture below came out. Screw the lights. I look awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...