Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tri-Terrain Independence Run

I'm finally home! (And by home, I mean at my parents' house, duh.) We drove from Independence, Iowa to Chicago, and got in early for our flight... which was delayed. Uh oh. We spent twelve hours en route and about four of those at the Chicago-O'Hare airport.

I woke up around 7:30 to get in a short run before we left for Chicago.
Distance: 3.02 miles
Time: 29:28

1 10:38.7
2 09:24.2
3 09:10.6
0.02 00:15.1



Super conveniently, my grandmother lives right near a middle school that has a trail and a track. Hence today's title: I ran on road, trail, and track and I only ran 3 miles!

Liberty Trail
I distinctly remember the Liberty Trail being longer as a child. One reason might be that I have distorted childhood memories, or the trail has become overgrown and the "path" I imagined I saw through the fallen tree limbs was real. I'm leaning towards the latter.

The bridge was slick but I managed not to slip.
This is my attempt at artistic photography. I was actually really tempted to run down into these people's yard and play with tire swing.


Eventually I ran out of trail, so I turned back and headed over to the West Side School's track. 

Go Mustangs!


I ran around it three times but I was more focused on photo opportunities and the waffles my grandma was going to make for breakfast than my workout.

Does my face look fat?
I found some prairie grasses growing at the school. Obviously this lead me to crouch down next to them and take pictures of myself. Sometimes I think I need help. Like honestly, imagine you are a middle-school aged child headed over to your school's track or playground, and you catch sight of this whacked out 25 year-old in spandex pants hiding in the prairie grass taking pictures of herself.

Where's that wascally wabbit?
Buchanan County has the Prairies to Schools program. To learn more about this program, go here. I promise no prairie grasses were damaged in my photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...