Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

When to Break the Fast

I'm never quite sure when to eat breakfast on the days I work out in the morning. Should I wake up extra early and eat a full breakfast? Should I eat something light? Maybe I should wait until after. How much time will pass between the end of my workout and my arrival at work? Should I eat at home before work? Maybe I should just bring a bar in my pocket and eat it while working out if I get hungry. Is eating bars instead of real food the best idea for my body?

Yeah. It's enough to drive you crazy. I don't normally eat before a run unless I wake up feeling very hungry. Then I go with toast with peanut butter and honey. This is also my go-to breakfast for races these days. I switch up the bread I use and right now I'm using Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain bread.

Maybe I'm always late for my run because I take photos of my food?
T and I ran the 5 mile loop in Central Park this morning. Overall, I ran 8.12 miles.

73rd Street. These lights are up year round.
When I eat a pre-run breakfast, I usually eat my real breakfast once I get to work. Lately that's been thawed frozen peaches with oatmeal, 2% Fage, flaxseed, and crushed pecans.

Do you eat before your morning workouts? What's your go-to breakfast?


And on a completely unrelated note, I am forced to wear my hood on the M79 bus because water is coming through the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...