Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

11 Things I Learned in 2011

1. Don't give your waiter your number and offer to marry him so he can get a green card while drunk because you think it is "funny." It's not funny when he's calling you to regularly update you on the amount of time he has left before leaving the country.


2. Date the guy you meet at your local bar. So what if he's petting you with the sports section and calls your favorite bartenders his "weekend girlfriends"? You at least agree on where to watch the game each week, and that is a step in the right direction.

3. It is entirely possible to gain weight while training for a marathon. Less resistance training plus additional hunger blew up in my face (and my waistline). And I totally don't buy that increase in blood volume bit.

4. Running is a lot more fun with friends. It's hard to skip a run when I know T and the Professor are waiting for me.

5. Readers prefer blog posts with photos. Perhaps y'all should be called viewers.

6. Taking care of a dog is hard work. Cookie seems to have a bladder smaller than I do. We can't even get through one episode of One Life to Live before we have to go outside.

7. A pay cut is worth it if you get the job you truly love. I took a $10,000 (yes, you read that correctly) pay cut when I left teaching to work for a non-profit. I no longer dread going to work, so it's worth it.

8. Family road trips are fun. Unlike the traumatic car trips of my youth, my family now enjoys hours of pleasant, fight-free driving.

9. I can run an ultramarathon. I ran the Greenbelt 50K in May 2011. I have the Caumsett 50K on March 4, 2012, and I plan on returning to the Greenbelt again May 2012.

10. Cross-training is important to avoid injuries from running. After being plagued by IT Band issues since March, I am never slacking off from my Equinox full-body workouts again.

11. People besides my friends read In Shape Out of Mind. I was invited to attend a C9 by Champion for Target event because the nice people at Missy Farren & Associates, Ltd. read my obsession with C9 by Champion for Target gear.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor and reading your blog. It helps an out-of-shape person learn some tips and gain motivation :) I'm also so glad to hear that you're liking your new job! I'd love to hear more about it sometime.
    Oh and your dog is SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hännah! Thank you for reading! I enjoy finding out which items you have completed on your list of 101. Let's get together soon to catch up. Drinks? Coffee? Run through NJ? Just let me know.

    I'll tell Cookie you think she is cute. That dog's head is going to get so big with everyone fawning over her. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...