Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Road WOD

I'm a sucker for zombies and when I found a Zombie Fitness app, it was only a matter of time (6 seconds) before I had to buy it. It was on sale for 99 cents, which made it even more enticing.

The app has a bunch of zombie and doomsday fitness plans that require rucksacks filled to 1/4 of your body weight, but it also has CrossFit WODs including space to record your best score for Fran, Cindy, Karen, Fight Gone Bad, etc. There's also a section called Road WODs.

Now I tend to travel a reasonable amount each month for both personal and professional reasons, and sometimes both when I can coerce a friend to let me stay with them when I'm in their city for a business trip. The hotel gym, especially during conferences, is packed so I usually go for a run and then pretend to do some arm exercises. It's difficult fitting in a quality run with a packed conference schedule and I always end up rolling into my first session with wet hair or I'm seriously annoyed with my roommate who has decided she is getting out of bed to shower mere seconds before I get back soaking wet with sweat. I spend 60% of every business trip pissed off and scowling in the coffee line.

I'm still at my aunt's in Plano and it's raining again. I didn't want to get my running shoes wet before my flight (hello mildew) and perused the Road WODs instead. I settled on Road WOD 12.


The app has a nifty timer function that includes a stopwatch, a countdown, and a Tabata timer.


I was finished with my workout in 6:36 and I didn't even have to change out of my pajamas. My Sunday Funday t-shirt and sweatshorts obviously made an appearance because I sleep in that shirt every Sunday.

As you can see, all you need is an Oriental rug and a cat to complete this workout.

Henry is telling me to suffer in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...