Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Take THAT Pinkberry

I enjoy delicious hun-cal fro-yo from time to time, and I am fortunately located near a Pinkberry AND a 16 Handles. Since the college students have descended upon the UES, there are lines out the  door and around block. Has Mad River stopped serving college freshman? I found myself waiting in line for like 27 minutes the other day and after I ran out of things to look at on Instagram, I found myself reading the signage.

source
This handcrafted signature recipe caught my eye, but then I was like, "Hell no! I am not paying $9 for something I could make at home." I ended up with my usual order (original, kiwi, mango, raspberries, toasted almonds, honey) and a plan to make my own PinkberryGreek.

Oh hey....




You need:
  • FAGE Total 2%
  • grape or cherry tomatoes
  • fresh basil
  • sea salt
  • good balsamic vinegar
  • saucepan
  • sharp knife
I made a balsamic reduction by pouring 1/2 a cup of balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and keeping it on low heat. It takes a while and you need to stir it occasionally. Do not let it boil! Once it won't stop trying to boil, take it off the heat and let it cool. You can store it in the refrigerator for future use.

Slice your tomatoes in half and cut your basil into thick ribbons. I think 8 tomatoes and 2 basil leaves are sufficient for breakfast.

Spoon your Greek yogurt into the bowl, add the tomatoes and basil, and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Top with sea salt.

If you want to prep this at home and eat it at work, slice the tomatoes and basil and put them in a small Ziplock bag. Sprinkle sea salt directly into the bag. Then you can put this together when you get to your office. I keep my balsamic reduction in the fridge in our office kitchen and add it to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...