Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Brooks Silver Bullet

I received a Brooks Silver Bullet running jacket for Christmas. It comes in five colors and costs $150. I had asked my mother to surprise me with either the black or the teal one, and I was really pleased to find the teal jacket under the tree because teal is my favorite color.

Last night I finally got to take the jacket for a test drive.

I saw on Twitter that runners were taking advantage of the mild weather and foregoing layers. I went with a pair of matty m leggings and a short-sleeved tech top under my jacket. When I got to the park, I realized runners were really foregoing layers. People were in shorts.

Just as a warning - these pictures are even more out of focus than usual. I was in a hurry to get out and run.

base layer
blurry photo of me in my jacket
cuff with thumbholes and flip-mitt
As I've mentioned, my Garmin is broken and I am working with Garmin Support to get it fixed or replaced. I purchased an iPhone app called GarminFit to get me through this trying time. I somehow turned it off after 2 miles. Fail.

This photo may be the culprit as it seems to be taken in the correct place on the map when the run stopped tracking.

When I run in New York City at night, I can really see how small I am compared to the grand scheme of things. Look at how many people can fit into just those buildings. I find comfort in this.


I ran the full loop clockwise, so my run should have been about 7 miles including the run from my apartment. I entered and exited by 84th Street. On my way home I stopped by Fairway for some eggs and also picked up some fresh cooked shrimp.


I saw this display at Fairway. God is mocking me.

I miss you rice!
After my shower, I ate some shrimp with leftover spinach, onions, and mushrooms. Then I decided I was still hungry and cooked up a sausage I had in my fridge. Less than half an hour later, I hurled up my entire dinner. I don't know if the sausage was bad, the shrimp didn't settle with me, or if I managed to bonk from a 7 mile run, but I felt like shit until 2 AM. And all I could think about was settling my stomach with rice. Eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...