Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Morning Spin

I have an early volleyball game this evening and felt it would be slightly inappropriate to spin during lunch and peace out of work at 5:30, so instead a I signed up for a 6:30 AM spin class at Equinox on 85th & 3rd. It was no Darryl, but I enjoyed the workout.

Amanda Shapin was covering the class for the normal instructor. She had a pretty solid playlist, although a little heavy on the Taylor Swift, and just the right amount of energy for 6:30 AM. I don't like too much forced energy at that hour, but I also don't want my instructor silent either. Amanda had us alternate between fast songs and slower songs for hill climbs. One of those hill climbs was 6 minutes long. My legs are dying.

I read an article on Running Times about junk miles and recovery runs and my takeaway was that it is important to train your muscles to perform when they are fatigued. The stress of spin on my legs after cardio sculpt or 30/60/90 will push me to work through pain preparing me for the 50 mile trail race.

I was eyeing Amanda's cycling shoes. I spent some time this morning trying to find them but I don't think I was able to. I am a huge fan of my Shimanos, but here's a rundown on some other cycling shoes I think are attractive.

The Shimano WM62 in black and white are similar to the light blue pair that I wear. I like that Shimanos have a little bulk to them and I find they are more flattering than the similar models SIDI makes.
http://www.zappos.com/shimano-sh-wm62-white-black
 But SIDI makes some damn fine looking cycling shoes. The T3 and T3.6 are so effing hot and they're lightweight because they are intended for triathlons. The
http://www.sidiamerica.com/sidi/tri/t3_women.html
http://www.sidiamerica.com/sidi/tri/t36.html
Some people prefer cycling shoes that look like running shoes. I'm not the biggest fan but I do love the colors of the Pearl Izumi pair below. They remind me of my crosstrainers. Is SCUBA blue now a real color?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...